Solved

Two Factor Authentication

Anyone know how to turn this on Globally? Please tell me I don’t have to do this on every single user record! 

We are using the mobile app to authenticate. 

icon

Best answer by Doug Johnson 6 June 2022, 23:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@ccannavo30 On the security preferences screen (SM.20.10.60) there is the option to set Two-Factor authentication for all users.

Setting global policy for two-factor authentication

If needed, someone with proper permissions can over-ride this for individual users on the users screen (SM.20.10.10).

Creating an exception to global 2-factor authentication policy

Thanks. I did find that after posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you go to the Emails Pending Processing screen (SM.50.70.00) or the All Emails screen (CO.40.90.70) you can see the email with the code you can enter into the Email confirmation option above. 

Your emails may be set to go out on a schedule, but on the emails pending processing screen you can push them out immediately.

I entered one of the access codes on my account and that worked. And I just now got the message in my inbox. Couldn’t find the message as you described above.  Are all my users going to get a message now? That is definitely going to cause confusion and frustration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When I tested in my sandbox environment, the email was only created for the administrator. 

In order to see the email in the emails pending processing screen, I had to clear the Assigned to Me checkbox and sort descending based on date.

It was only sent to me. Thanks for the help. We are good to go. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

On one user account, we turned on two-factor authentication.  When we logged onto a device, a prompt comes up to enter a code.  We received no code on the user’s email or cell phone.  Where should the code be sent?  Do we need to do further set up to get the code sent? 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Can I set up two-factor authentication for one user without setting it up for all users?  Our system is set up for no two-factor authentication.  So, I use the “over-ride” button on my user profile and turn on two-factor authentication just for me.  But it is not working.  No code is sent to me via SMS or email and no prompt on the mobile device.  What am I doing wrong? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dougmcbride79 - As mentioned above, go into ALL EMAILS. You should find the emails and the codes in there. Mine didn’t “send” either, but the code still works and 2FA is now running as expected.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved