Solved

Time required to implement a new manufacturing site

Userlevel 4
Badge

I would like to find out the average or recommend implementation time for a new Acumatica manufacturing site intending to work with the manufacturing module for basic production processes.

Can such a site be implemented in say under 45 days from installation, configuration, testing and go live?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 June 2022, 14:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

It’s difficult to answer your question without knowing more. Every company is different and has different needs; there is no real “average”.

Are you asking about manufacturing only? →  your GL, AP, AR, Inventory, Sales Orders, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Reporting, Payroll, eCommerce, Time Entry, Purchasing, User Security and all other modules are already up and running on Acumatica (or will be handled in a different system), and you are configuring only manufacturing basic production processes in Acumatica?

If your answer is Yes, only basic manufacturing module... then maybe it is possible to implement manufacturing  in 45 days, with sufficient internal resources at your company and sufficient resources at your partner’s company. (Anything can be done with sufficient resources, correct?  How many human resources do you have working on implementing this system?)

I do not think 45 days is achievable if GL, AP, AR, Inventory, Sales Orders, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Reporting, Payroll, eCommerce, Time Entry, Purchasing, User Security and all other modules need to be set up, and users need to be trained, in addition to the manufacturing module.  I think the “average” implementation is longer, closer to 6 months. Spreading an implementation over 6 months allows the employees of your company to continue running your company in a normal way while they also help with the implementation.

In this case it is small manufacturing entity with a few BOMs , GL, Inventory, sales and procurement processes. Managing user rights has to be done, in this case there is no eCommerce, Payroll, Fixed Assets

Badge +16

Hello,

It’s difficult to answer your question without knowing more. Every company is different and has different needs; there is no real “average”.

Are you asking about manufacturing only? →  your GL, AP, AR, Inventory, Sales Orders, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Reporting, Payroll, eCommerce, Time Entry, Purchasing, User Security and all other modules are already up and running on Acumatica (or will be handled in a different system), and you are configuring only manufacturing basic production processes in Acumatica?

If your answer is Yes, only basic manufacturing module... then maybe it is possible to implement manufacturing  in 45 days, with sufficient internal resources at your company and sufficient resources at your partner’s company. (Anything can be done with sufficient resources, correct?  How many human resources do you have working on implementing this system?)

I do not think 45 days is achievable if GL, AP, AR, Inventory, Sales Orders, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Reporting, Payroll, eCommerce, Time Entry, Purchasing, User Security and all other modules need to be set up, and users need to be trained, in addition to the manufacturing module.  I think the “average” implementation is longer, closer to 6 months. Spreading an implementation over 6 months allows the employees of your company to continue running your company in a normal way while they also help with the implementation.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved