Solved

Security restriction to View Only on UDF in the Change Orders screen

• 26 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

We created a UDF on the Change Orders Screen

We want to restrict some users from being able to change the value of this UDF, but they need full access to the rest of the Change Orders screen.

I do not see the UDF in the security tree for Change Orders as I expected.

So I tried restricting “ANSWERS” to VIEW ONLY and can still change the value of the UDF when logged in as this user.

How can I make this VIEW ONLY for a role?

icon

Best answer by TimRodman 27 September 2022, 15:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @ltussing03 

Please check this 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you for the reply.

I had seen this.  That is why I was expecting to see the attribute in the security tree.

However, it is not there as shown in my screen shot.

Thanks again for the reply, but I just do not see it so cannot set security on  the attribute.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ltussing03 

Here is an article from @TimRodman :

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/field-level-security-user-defined-fields-udf-vs-attributes/

He may be able to assist with this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks for responding kbeatty!

Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue and I will try to open a support case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for responding kbeatty!

Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue and I will try to open a support case.

Let us know the outcome @ltussing03! I’m curious! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for the ping @kbeatty21. I forgot to include screenshots on that post that you linked to so I just updated it with screenshots:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/field-level-security-user-defined-fields-udf-vs-attributes

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

kbeatty and Tim,

I don’t know if the new screenshots helped or I was just being blind, but I found this in the security tree and was able to lock it down.

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Yes, I closed my support case…….

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved