Solved

Notification Template Note Reference on Service Orders Page

• 17 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to print the contents of a Note for a Service Request in a Notification Template. Anybody know the field reference I should use on that page? I’ve tried the solution suggested in topic “Notification Template - Invoice.Note,” which is to use field ((Document.NoteText)), but that only produces a blank line. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by davidpoole21 20 December 2021, 21:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @davidpoole21 

Can you please try with the screen header view name ?

As per the below screenshot, it should be ((ServiceOrderRecords.NoteText)).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @davidpoole21  I don’t see any direct option to get the Note Text value using Views/DACs.

We can create a Generic Inquiry and join with the NOTE table to fetch the note text value in the Notification templates.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @davidpoole21  Yes, As I indicated above, please join with NOTE table in your Generic Inquiry and add that field to Notification template and verify. 

I didn’t see a good way to join to the NOTE table from the Service Orders screen, but I found a way to add FSServiceOrder.NoteText to my GI. Not sure how many, if any, of these fields are unique to my installation, but on mine it goes like this:

• Service Orders page; click Customization > Edit Generic Inquiry
  • Results Grid tab
  • + Add a row
  • Object = FSServiceOrder
  • Click in the Data Field column to edit the field, but then click the Pencil icon, not the selector arrow (It’s not in the selector list).
  • Click Fields in the popup, double-click [FSServiceOrder.NoteText] in right-hand pane
  • Ok, Save
  • Go to the Notification Template; position the cursor where you want the Note text
  • Insert > Datafield > FSServiceOrder > =[FSServiceOrder.NoteText]
  • It will insert a formula where the Note text will appear.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @davidpoole21 

Can you please try with the screen header view name ?

As per the below screenshot, it should be ((ServiceOrderRecords.NoteText)).

This didn’t work. Thanks for trying, though. Guess I’ll have to add it to my Generic Inquiry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @davidpoole21  Yes, As I indicated above, please join with NOTE table in your Generic Inquiry and add that field to Notification template and verify. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @davidpoole21  Yes, As I indicated above, please join with NOTE table in your Generic Inquiry and add that field to Notification template and verify. 

Naveen -- Thanks for your help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved