Solved

ML501000 Process Machine Learning Event / Scheduled Job

• 18 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Since we have upgraded to 2020R1, we have noticed a job running daily called - Process Machine Learning Event.  

Does anyone know what this does?  it has a couple of thousands events called ui/menu/node-selected that are processed.

I am wondering if i can stop the job.

icon

Best answer by srogovtsev 19 November 2020, 08:57

View original

5 replies

Right now it “only” computes the menu optimization based on your usage, so if you stop the job, you will lose that functionality. But as it is a system scheduled process, we might add something else to it in the next release, or at some other time, so nobody knows what you’ll lose then. Which boils down to “don’t touch it unless you absolutely have to”.

Right now we have over 120k events a day.  we only have 5k users.  not sure how we generate 60~70 events per user.

We do have performance issues in 2020 r1, we are looking for items that might be causing this.

As far as I know, this is not per day, the events to be processed are stored for a couple of months. 

What’s more important, this is not new to 2020R1, it is from 2019R1, I believe.

Sorry about asking all these questions, but we can find no information about this.  

How are the events processed?  We we supposed to go in and select all and process them?  Will they be processed automatically?

The event count just keeps growing.

These events should be processed automatically and cleaned up automatically after some time (90 days by default). All this occurs if your scheduled processing is running, of course. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved