Solved

Is there a way to automate a dashboard so it auto refreshes itself?

• 16 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

As I know, currently the user has to open a dashboard in order to refresh it. But I want it to refresh itself on an unattended screen.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 16 November 2020, 17:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @nperez94 ! In this case you would need to have the Dashboard Designer role to be able to go into Design mode:

Once in Design mode you can click the pencil to bring up the settings for a widget.

Once in the settings, click the Refresh Data field to set the refresh interval

Badge

Hi @nperez94 ! In this case you would need to have the Dashboard Designer role to be able to go into Design mode:

Once in Design mode you can click the pencil to bring up the settings for a widget.

Once in the settings, click the Refresh Data field to set the refresh interval

Thank you Benjamin

I’ve done that, and actually I have it as “Always”. However, as I understand from the help, I always have to open the dashboard so it refreshes. 

What I need is to leave it unattended. 

Thank you again

Badge

Hi Benjamin

I just noticed I might have replied in the wrong spot.

:) 

Badge

I do have access to the design mode and I have it set as “Always“.

So, changing to any other interval will actually refresh it itself ?

I need to leave the dashboard open 24 hours a day with no user interaction.

Is this a bug?  Shouldn’t the Always refresh option simply refresh the dashboard?  We have the same issue that our dashboard widgets are not updating unless the ‘refresh all’ button is pushed. We’ve also tried ‘every 5 minutes’ and that doesn’t even work.   We are at 2020 R1.  Please advise.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved