Solved

Email Loop Issue - CRM Cases Scenario

• 14 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Has anyone figured out a good way to avoid email loops in Acumatica?  This is specifically related to auto creation of Acumatica Cases via email.  The issue comes up when someone emails two system, in this case two support email address for two different companies, and both system have an auto reply. The result is the each auto reply creates a new case and a new auto reply and so on. 

icon

Best answer by Ali Jani 17 July 2020, 22:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I checked further.   When you have auto-reply on for being out of office/etc, the auto-reply that goes out from your mail server would include value of "auto-replied" set in the Auto-Submitted field of the message header.  The receiving system sees this and if the mail box has auto-reply on, it will not send an auto reply.  This breaks any loops.

Acumatica’s mail system does not have any ability to set out of office auto-reply settings.  But as you know, it does have ability to monitor email box take automated actions including sending a message though. Unfortunately, I doubt we set the Auto-submitted header field as there is no distinction between emails being sent by individuals or based on a work flow action.   The good news is the flag would be already set if the other partner was out of office so the loop would break after one back and forth.  Only time this will be a big problem is if you have two systems like Acumatica where neither sets the flag.   We will consider adding an enhancement in the future so when creating automated response, one could set the auto-replied header flag, along with prefixing the subject with “Auto:” per RFC3834 recommendations.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Typically, when a system sends an auto reply, it will fill the appropriate required fields the SMTP RFC protocol has to the receiving system know not to auto-reply back. this eliminated whats known as “Mail Loop”.  I think we do this, but to confirm, I have asked internally to check to make sure we comply with this and we will post back when its confirmed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved