Solved

When i was doing purchase with billing before receipt the following error has occured?

Userlevel 3
Badge

PO Error: There are no lines in this document that may be entered in AP Bill Document directly

icon

Best answer by jinin 6 April 2022, 10:45

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @madhu 

If you want to create an AP bill with a stock item, first create a Purchase receipt and create AP Bill. 

We create an AP bill with a Non-Stock item, without Purchase receipt. 

Badge +16

Hello,

There is also a setting in the Vendor Profile, Purchasing tab:  ‘Allow AP Bill before Receipt’ that may help your situation.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m getting this same error for a stock item.  There are two bills, one bill has been entered and I get this error when I try entering in the second.  Nothing has been received yet on this PO.

Vendor Purchase Settings has Allow AP Bill Before Receipts checked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@jyounes  Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@jyounes  Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The error went away once there was something received on it.  Looks like you can only have one bill in before anything is received.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The error went away once there was something received on it.  Looks like you can only have one bill in before anything is received.  

Correct, there can only be one initial bill. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The error that keeps on giving!

I’m getting this error again, with another PO.  This time there was no bill or anything received.  The allow AP bill before receipt is checked.  I had the goods received, and tried to enter the bill and still get the same error.

Cleared cookies & Cash, restarted Chrome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The error that keeps on giving!

I’m getting this error again, with another PO.  This time there was no bill or anything received.  The allow AP bill before receipt is checked.  I had the goods received, and tried to enter the bill and still get the same error.

Cleared cookies & Cash, restarted Chrome.

What happens when you go to the Purchase receipt and try to create the Bill from there?

Also, what does the PO History tab show?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I was able to create the Bill through the receipt screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I was able to create the Bill through the receipt screen.

It does not look like the Bill was linked to the PO. Can you try to link them?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Already got the bill to go through with your first suggestion via the receiving screen.  I will keep that option in my back pocket for next time.  Im sure this isnt the last time ill see this error.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi its me again, I love this error!  It keeps coming back in new and different ways.

Got a Bill for a PO, I tried to Enter AP Bill and got this error.  (nothing was received at first).  I tried the other solutions like Entering the PO bill from the billing screen and add the PO from there, it didnt show up.  I tried to enter it from the Purchase receipts screen and it didnt work. 

I was able to resolve the issue after it was received, but not through the PO.  I was able to create a bill from the Purchase receipts screen or from the Bills and Adjustments Screen via add po receipt.

Badge +16

Hello,

Please check the Vendor's Purchase Settings: Receipt Actions, Allow AP Bill Before Receipt needs to be checked.

On the next PO,  Billing Based On field on the Detail line will default to Order instead of Receipt.  You might have to re-add the detail lines if you created the PO Lines before checking on Allow AP Bill Before Receipt.  HTH.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Vendor Setup had it selected.

We are getting the same error as above. I was able to fix the issue by checking the “Allow AP Bill Before Receipt”. This error only occurs on Non-Stock inventory items.

There is a fix that can be applied at the inventory level? Rather than at the vendor level.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved