Solved

Stock Item and Non-Stock Item notes populating into Purchase Order lines

• 11 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone, 

I’m trying to find a way to have the notes on a Stock or Non Stock item automatically print on a Purchase Order.  I know I can add notes on the individual line, but I don’t want to have to manually copy the notes per line item for every time I make a PO.

Use Case: For our ISO 9000 certification, I need the stock item note to call out a spec reference sheet every time I make a PO for that item.

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 11 October 2022, 20:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @claudematherne24 

Where are you trying to copy notes from? The sales orders?

Userlevel 3
Badge

No, I’m looking at the notes at the individual stock and non-stock item.  I am looking for the note on the stock item master to pull into the PO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @claudematherne24 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it copy to PO’s or SO’s from the inventory item. I believe this would need to be a customization. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

That’s what I was afraid of lol.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hI @claudematherne24 

As @kbeatty21 Indicated this required customization.

You have an option of Notes features in stock Items, Do customization to add the notes by default whenever the stock Item is added to the Purchase order, sales order and sales quotes.

Or use Pop up note feature as a reference of Notes details when ever you add an Item in PO and SO.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks everyone

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@claudematherne24 i encourage you to post this as a New Idea.  Let’s see how many others are looking for this functionality as well.  Are there other use cases for Item notes?

-Dana

Userlevel 3
Badge

Done.  Great idea.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved