Solved

ScreenID=PO301000: Does Acumatica have a way to deduct Witholding Tax from Total?

• 15 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I have been poking around Acumatica to get the Withholding Taxes to deduct from the Order Total instead of adding it or say display something like below

Instead of this:

The sample picture is a P.O. with VAT of 12% and WITHHOLDING TAX of 2%. Acumatica sums up all Taxes and Line Total to get the Order Total. But we need it to be:
Order Total = Line Total + VAT (12%) - Withholding Tax

Is this something I can do in the Customization? Has anyone been able to do this project?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 20 April 2021, 12:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jansullano05  As per my knowledge there is NO customization required here and Acumatica will take care of calculations.

In the first screenshot, Withhold tax is deducting twice hence the result will be = 52,800.
Line Total + Tax  - Withhold Tax - Withholding Tax 

48,000 + 6720 - 960 -960 = 52,800

Can you please check the Calculation Rule for the Withhold tax configuration?

Also, can you please let us know that have you customized anything on the OrderTotal to deduct the amount withhold tax.

@jansullano05  As per my knowledge there is NO customization required here and Acumatica will take care of calculations.

In the first screenshot, Withhold tax is deducting twice hence the result will be = 52,800.
Line Total + Tax  - Withhold Tax - Withholding Tax 

48,000 + 6720 - 960 -960 = 52,800

Can you please check the Calculation Rule for the Withhold tax configuration?

Also, can you please let us know that have you customized anything on the OrderTotal to deduct the amount withhold tax.

Sorry, maybe my screenshots are confusing but the “Tax Total:” is actually the total of VAT(12%) and EWT (2%). See below calculation for this sample:
LINE TOTAL: 48,000
VAT (12%): 5,760

EWT (2%): 960

TAX TOTAL: 6,720 (hence: VAT + EWT)
ORDER TOTAL: 52,800 (48,000 + 5,760 - 960)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jansullano05  Understood. Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking in another way.

Can you please let us know the Calculation Rule, Exclude from Tax-on-Tax Calculation for the withholding tax configuration? Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

Hi @Naveen B please see below screenshot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jansullano05,

In our local machine, we have created this scenario and we are getting expected results. Please find the screenshots for reference.

I see the only difference is, Output Group, which we have given as “withholding”.

Withholding Tax Configuration
VAT Tax Configuration

Puchase Order with VAT (12%) and WithholdingTax (2%)

Create PO Receipt for the above and PO and created Bill for the PO Receipt

Hi @Naveen B ,

Thank you so much for your answers and I understand it clearly now. Looks like Acumatica is definitely performing properly on the backend as far as how things are posted. I am good with this now.

Thank you again for help! I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jansullano05  Great :)  Yes, Acumatica will take care of all these calculations...

Glad to hear that you got all these calculations :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, we are trying to get an AP bill to auto deduct the withholding tax.   Vendor sends a bill for 100.00  we pay vendor 90, we pay government 10.  I setup a Withholding tax, it displays but it does not deduct.  We are not using VAT.  Please advise.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved