Question

Sales Order Type Default Sales Account functionality

• 4 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI

Can someone please tell me why is there a default Sales account and Subaccount on Sales Order type screen?

and that it takes preference over Item's Posting classes?

What is the logic behind that?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @apretorius62 If you’re using sales orders you’ll need to use order types and setup sales account and sub. This will take priority over the sales account on the posting class or inventory item. A common use case for this is if you have different sales channels where you might use different sales accounts to track for example, sales, ecommerce sales, service sales, etc. Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge

What if I have a class of items that needs to be sold where the warehouse determine the sales sub account and another set of items need to be sold where the posting class determines the sales sub account?

The same user happens to perform this type of sale and both sets of items happens to be on the same sales order. what now?

Maybe its a better idea to let the customer choose whether the ordertype’s sale account settings take preference over the item’s posting class. Allow a choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @apretorius62 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Chris

No I did not unfortunately

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @apretorius62 , I suggest creating an idea for this request 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think there could be a lot more clarity and options given in how GL accounts are assigned to transactions - for our business we’ve setup our sales orders to use the sales account from the posting class which for 99% of our items works fantastic. However, we have a handful of non-stock items that we’d like to each post to their own GL accounts (mostly small services fees, line discounts and credits).

Assigning “Use Sales Account from:” to the Inventory Item on the posting class appears to take a lower rank than the settings at the sales order type even when the sales order says to use the posting class. 

For our business and I imagine others - it would be great if we could get the sales order to point to the posting class but if/when the posting class says to use the item’s sales account it posts using those GL accounts assigned at the item level

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved