Replenishment for kits

• 14 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a situation where kits will be produced in one warehouse then transferred to another warehouse using at transfer sales order.  However, when I plan replenishments and don’t have a replenishment method assigned to the kit items in the production warehouse, I cannot get an amount to process in the prepare replenishment grid.

I could set up bogus replenishment parameters, but want to avoid that.  

Any help on planning replenishments for kits?  I think maybe there is a gap here.

Thanks,

Dennis

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

What do you plan to use the ‘Inventory Replenishment’ functionality for - generating transfer orders from Produciton Warehouse or for generating Kit Assembly ? The  ‘Inventory Replenishment’ can;t generate Kit Assemblies - you need the Manufacturing Module with Materials Requirements Planning

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Mark,

There are a couple of things at work here. First, if i sell a non-stock kit, i cannot see the component demand in replenishment grid. So i don’t know to purchase them. 

Second, if i am a distributor that does have stock kits and need to be able to plan replenishments, I would like to be able to keep that replenishment process the same as my purchasing.  Requiring the manufacturing modules so i have to set up BOMs and run MRP for simple kit replenishment turns my attention to packages for distributors that will manage kit replenishment and away from Acumatica.

I am trying to build a solution for a distributor, not a manufacturer. If manufacturing is the only way, I will add to the ideas page.

Thank you,

Dennis

Userlevel 1

Hello All,

I know this conversation is a year old, but I have exactly the same situation today.  Has anyone found a solution short of recommending Manufacturing for Kit Replenishment?

Thanks,

Michael Scott

High Touch Technologies

michaelws@hightouchinc.com

Does the Distribution Replenishment Processing (MRP for Distribution) support this requirement? Also looking for a process to support replenishment planning of Kits for a Distribution customer.

Badge

Does the Distribution Replenishment Processing (MRP for Distribution) support this requirement? Also looking for a process to support replenishment planning of Kits for a Distribution customer.

As I know, the replenishment from distribution does not create the demand for kit items and components. 
For all: please advise if there’s a solution of generating replenishment for kit components based on kit assembly or sales order.

Userlevel 2

Create a GI with Kit Items out of stock on Sales Orders and expand it to show components on the Kit Specification 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

DRP - Distribution Requirements Planning will be supported in 24R1 Release. It does support non-stock kit component planning.  This is for Distributors that want to do time phased planning.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved