Question

Promotion price for a certain predefined qty?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,    

Is there a way to fulfill my need below.

Let’s say, for Item A, we left 200 cases in stock, so We’d like to go on promotion for the 200 cases only, because during the selling time, we might do purchase and receipt. So I’d like the promotion price only apply to the 200 cases.  

So the ideal scenario shall be $10 promotional prices would fill in orders allocating the 200 cases, after the 200 cases be sold out, $15 (which is the normal price) would be filled in.  

Note: For business requirement, we must use the same Inventory ID.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello, if you also agree this scenario has valid business need, please vote here

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Looks like others do not have the same kind of need.

I thought out of an idea, although it is not perfect, but can work on some level.

1, Write a GI to monitor the sales qty from the given date. Group by the item id, so the order qty in the GI result is a sum value.

2, Use the GI as the data source of a business event, trigger by record change, if the Qrder Qty in GI be larger than than given qty (Promotion qty), then trigger a import scenario to modify the Sales price.
3, After the sales price be changed, also trigger an email notification to tell the user to do verification.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

1, Write a GI to monitor the sales qty from the given date. Group by the item id, so the order qty in the GI result is a sum value.

2, Use the GI as the data source of a business event, trigger by record change, if the Qrder Qty in GI be larger than than given qty (Promotion qty), then trigger a import scenario to modify the Sales price.

My idea is not working, the Business event does not support the Group Field.

Business events do not support generic inquiries that have grouping specified on the Grouping tab of the Generic Inquiry (SM208000) form. Thus, we recommend that you avoid unnecessary multiple joins and joins to the same tables. In most cases, you can exclude from the generic inquiry all the tables that are not used on the Results Grid tab of the corresponding generic inquiry.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I tried business event in another way, but it does not trigger by record increasing or change.

Can anyone give me some other thoughts to fulfill the need?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Come again. Our need can be simplified to the below way
Just for FIFO item.
any suggestions we can do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@ray20 

Sales Price Worksheets have not worked with the conversions for you? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20

Sales Price Worksheets have not worked with the conversions for you? 

Hello, thank you for asking.
Sales price worksheets are NOT.
1, it is not in automation way. Human has to be invovled in.
2, Still, someone has to take action when the predefinded qty has been sold out.

The ideal way would better be when the item sold out, the price jump automatically. no human involved.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved