Solved

Pick pack and ship error for unit of measure items

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I get a error on the Pick, Pack and ship screen for unit of measure items. On my Stock Item my Base unit is CANS, Sales Unit and Purchase Unit is BOX. 

Created a Sales Order with BOX UOM

Shipment is showing correctly

The Pick pack and Ship screen defaults to CAN UOM and converts the quantity but i get the following error. 

Pick Pack and Ship screen

If i change the UOM on the Stock Item to be the same for Purchases and sales then i don’t get an error on Pick Pack and ship. The problem with this is that will cause problems with the Procurement dept. and Sales Dept. has they will have to change the UOM every time to BOX. 

Can we have Sales and Purchasing unit of measure different from my base unit when using Pick Pack and Ship?

icon

Best answer by yhartman 3 October 2022, 13:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, Can you post the error message text? The image is too small.

Userlevel 1

Hi @yhartman 

The error message 

“The Pick mode is in use. 

The picked quantity cannot be greater than the quantity in the shipment line. Scan the barcode of the item”

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Good morning @dhineshan85,

What are you scanning that is giving you the error?

Assuming you are scanning the item number directly, Acumatica will use the SALES UNIT (BOX) by default. In this case, you will get the above error because you have .5 of a BOX on your shipment and the BOX (12) is greater than 6. To target the CAN UOM, you must enter an alternative ID under the cross-references tab.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved