Solved

Non-Stock Kits to Sorting after Batch Picking

• 22 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have an issue where non-stock kits put on Batch worksheet/picklists will not let a picker stage the pick to a “Sorting” location. 

I get an error saying “The given key was not present in the dictionary.”

There is no issue if the kits are put on Wave worksheets/picklists. 

I have tried to allow production/assembly in our picking and sorting locations and toggling requires shipment on the kit. 

Is there anything else I can try to allow the non-stock kits to be batch picked? My warehouse likes to pick all of the single line orders first on batches instead of waves.  

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 1 December 2023, 21:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ddickerson, please try again when you have a chance.

We’re Deep Diving Non-stock Kits at Acumatica Summit this year with a Distribution Roundtable dedicated to Sales Order Kitting.

If you’re going to Summit and would like to participate, here is a link to find out more about it. https://web.cvent.com/event/cc862c16-8514-4ae3-bedc-346912b0d27f/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce?RefId=Agenda

Just ran a test and it looks like this limitation is gone in 23R1 which is great news for my warehouse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @ddickerson, please try again when you have a chance.

We’re Deep Diving Non-stock Kits at Acumatica Summit this year with a Distribution Roundtable dedicated to Sales Order Kitting.

If you’re going to Summit and would like to participate, here is a link to find out more about it. https://web.cvent.com/event/cc862c16-8514-4ae3-bedc-346912b0d27f/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce?RefId=Agenda

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just tried this in 23R2 and i was able to batch pick my components of the Non-stock kit.  At shipment creation, the components appear on the picklist worksheet for picking.  I was able to specify the Sort location during the operation in Pick/Pack/Ship.

Row 2,3 and 4 are my kit components (which are stock items) of my non-stock kit which is a Towel Bundle.

This is great. We are on 23R1 now but haven’t tried again since upgrading.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I just tried this in 23R2 and i was able to batch pick my components of the Non-stock kit.  At shipment creation, the components appear on the picklist worksheet for picking.  I was able to specify the Sort location during the operation in Pick/Pack/Ship.

Row 2,3 and 4 are my kit components (which are stock items) of my non-stock kit which is a Towel Bundle.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to filter out shipments that have non stock kits on them?

There is with a filter I made, but it is slightly more time consuming when picking.  

Can you give me more details please? 

I have to excel lists, one with just non-stock kit SKU’s and another with all the other product SKU’s.

On the “Create Pick Lists” page, I have my warehouse upload the non-stock kit sku list in the inventory id field, and create waves from those orders, then I have them make batches out of the remaining lists of sku’s using that same method.

Any orders left have both regular sku’s and non-stock kit sku’s so we put them on waves.

It’s a bit aggravating and time consuming, but it’s the fastest method I could come up with. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

There is with a filter I made, but it is slightly more time consuming when picking.  

Can you give me more details please? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ddickerson 

This is a known system limitation. Please see the below from the help section:

Here is the link as well:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=e706e2eb-9141-42a1-8cf4-a3b437835ff1

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved