Solved

Non-Stock Kits to Sorting after Batch Picking

• 22 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have an issue where non-stock kits put on Batch worksheet/picklists will not let a picker stage the pick to a “Sorting” location. 

I get an error saying “The given key was not present in the dictionary.”

There is no issue if the kits are put on Wave worksheets/picklists. 

I have tried to allow production/assembly in our picking and sorting locations and toggling requires shipment on the kit. 

Is there anything else I can try to allow the non-stock kits to be batch picked? My warehouse likes to pick all of the single line orders first on batches instead of waves.  

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 1 December 2023, 21:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ddickerson 

This is a known system limitation. Please see the below from the help section:

Here is the link as well:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=e706e2eb-9141-42a1-8cf4-a3b437835ff1

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Is there a way to filter out shipments that have non stock kits on them?

Userlevel 2
Badge

There is with a filter I made, but it is slightly more time consuming when picking.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

There is with a filter I made, but it is slightly more time consuming when picking.  

Can you give me more details please? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can you give me more details please? 

I have to excel lists, one with just non-stock kit SKU’s and another with all the other product SKU’s.

On the “Create Pick Lists” page, I have my warehouse upload the non-stock kit sku list in the inventory id field, and create waves from those orders, then I have them make batches out of the remaining lists of sku’s using that same method.

Any orders left have both regular sku’s and non-stock kit sku’s so we put them on waves.

It’s a bit aggravating and time consuming, but it’s the fastest method I could come up with. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I just tried this in 23R2 and i was able to batch pick my components of the Non-stock kit.  At shipment creation, the components appear on the picklist worksheet for picking.  I was able to specify the Sort location during the operation in Pick/Pack/Ship.

Row 2,3 and 4 are my kit components (which are stock items) of my non-stock kit which is a Towel Bundle.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just tried this in 23R2 and i was able to batch pick my components of the Non-stock kit.  At shipment creation, the components appear on the picklist worksheet for picking.  I was able to specify the Sort location during the operation in Pick/Pack/Ship.

Row 2,3 and 4 are my kit components (which are stock items) of my non-stock kit which is a Towel Bundle.

This is great. We are on 23R1 now but haven’t tried again since upgrading.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @ddickerson, please try again when you have a chance.

We’re Deep Diving Non-stock Kits at Acumatica Summit this year with a Distribution Roundtable dedicated to Sales Order Kitting.

If you’re going to Summit and would like to participate, here is a link to find out more about it. https://web.cvent.com/event/cc862c16-8514-4ae3-bedc-346912b0d27f/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce?RefId=Agenda

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ddickerson, please try again when you have a chance.

We’re Deep Diving Non-stock Kits at Acumatica Summit this year with a Distribution Roundtable dedicated to Sales Order Kitting.

If you’re going to Summit and would like to participate, here is a link to find out more about it. https://web.cvent.com/event/cc862c16-8514-4ae3-bedc-346912b0d27f/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce?RefId=Agenda

Just ran a test and it looks like this limitation is gone in 23R1 which is great news for my warehouse.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved