Solved

Limit to the use of variants in matrix objects

• 28 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

One of our customers has the following problem: he wants to use the creation of matrix items with only 2 attributes: sizes and colors, for which he has respectively 400 possible size values and 4500 possible color values. 

When he uses the grid in the template screen for matrix items, it simply can’t be loaded and he can’t use this functionality. 

He doesn’t want to break down the number of possible values in his use case. 

I have tried this myself with 200 values for 2 attributes, and indeed the time to check a box in the matrix item creation grid, takes at least 5 seconds before I can check another one. 

Have you ever encountered this kind of situation? 
Would you have an idea how to handle this request? Customization project or other?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! 

Have a nice day!

icon

Best answer by mbrunerie43 8 March 2022, 17:09

View original

4 replies

After having made various tests with our customer, it turned out that the problem of displaying the grid came from .... the internet browser used. The latter was using Chrome and the complete display of the grid never worked. 
When he tried to use Firefox, the grid was displayed every time. 
I will certainly make a ticket in Jira to inform the Acumatica team so that they investigate this case. 
Thanks to all for your help anyway!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It might be helpful if you describe your data structure in more detail. My guess is that you could further segment your items using item classes, so that the possible values in the matrix are far less. Why don’t you help us understand the nature of your product data and how the attributes relate to the different products you’ll be selling.

Hi @kbeatty21 

When our client uses all the existing values, the system doesn’t display the grid, the loading runs indefinitely. 
The grid loads in the case where the client uses only a part of the attribute values, but in this case, checking a box in the grid makes him wait several seconds before checking another one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mbrunerie43 

With that many combinations, the system will slow down. 

Is the issue that it will not load or it is slow to load?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved