Solved

Legitimately re-use a serial number on the shipment screen

• 13 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Stock Item that is shipped and received multiple times throughout its life (It is a loaner product for customer to temporarily use and send back)

This serial number was used on a receipt.

Then shipped out.

On a new receipt in the shipping window, an error message is displayed saying 

“IN Error: Serial Number “12345” for item “abcd” is already received in “Previous shipment ID”

Is there a way to continue to use the proper serial number for multiple shipments and receipts?

icon

Best answer by Julia Golomidova 10 June 2022, 09:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ltussing03,

Based on my testing results with the SalesDemo data, the system allowed me to re-use a serial number after it was issued from the inventory.

As an example, I created SERIALITEM serial-tracked item performed the following transactions:

• received SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001689 IN Receipt originated from a PO Receipt
  • issued SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001689 IN Issue originated from a Shipment
  • finally, I was able to receive again SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001690 IN Receipt originated from a PO Receipt

Here is the list of created transactions:

And the Inventory Valuation report demonstrates the sequence of releasing the created transactions:

Please, try to recalculate inventory from the Recalculate Inventory (IN505000) form and see if this fixes the encountered error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 , how does the loaner item come back to you, on a customer return?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved