Solved

Legitimately re-use a serial number on the shipment screen

• 13 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Stock Item that is shipped and received multiple times throughout its life (It is a loaner product for customer to temporarily use and send back)

This serial number was used on a receipt.

Then shipped out.

On a new receipt in the shipping window, an error message is displayed saying 

“IN Error: Serial Number “12345” for item “abcd” is already received in “Previous shipment ID”

Is there a way to continue to use the proper serial number for multiple shipments and receipts?

icon

Best answer by Julia Golomidova 10 June 2022, 09:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 , how does the loaner item come back to you, on a customer return?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ltussing03,

Based on my testing results with the SalesDemo data, the system allowed me to re-use a serial number after it was issued from the inventory.

As an example, I created SERIALITEM serial-tracked item performed the following transactions:

• received SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001689 IN Receipt originated from a PO Receipt
  • issued SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001689 IN Issue originated from a Shipment
  • finally, I was able to receive again SERIALITEM item with 12345 serial nbr in 001690 IN Receipt originated from a PO Receipt

Here is the list of created transactions:

And the Inventory Valuation report demonstrates the sequence of releasing the created transactions:

Please, try to recalculate inventory from the Recalculate Inventory (IN505000) form and see if this fixes the encountered error.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved