Solved

Landed Cost Transaction updates Stock Item with $0 adjustment

• 1 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I’m configuring Landed Cost in Acumatica for the first time. (version 2022 R1)The process seems clear but the end result is $0 adjustment to my item.  What am I missing?

My example is applying insurance costs weighted by Cost Amount across 3 items on a PO Receipt.

Purchase Order (notice, 2 non-stock items on lines 1, 3 and one Stock Item is on line 2):

PO Receipt: All Items Received.

Landed Cost:

What I expect on Valuation:  Receipt line $13.30 and Adjustment line $13.30.

What I see on Valuation: Receipt line $13.30 and LC adjustment line = $0.

What mistake did I make?   Thank you in advance for your help!!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 1 August 2022, 22:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @laura01 

What is your allocation method on the Landed Cost code? This may need to be changed. 

Also, here is a very good article on Landed Cost processing:

https://www.dynamictechservices.com/acumatica-landed-cost-and-complex-calculations/

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @laura01  

You may need to look at the item costing. Are you trying to add the Landed Cost to the items?

If so, here is help on that:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=3fb8f768-a8ea-44a8-9a4f-8b78ecb947e8

Badge +18

Thank you @kbeatty21:   I think you have led me to the answer: my testing item is set up as STANDARD cost and I likely need a layered costing method, in order to update the cost.  (Doh!)  Will try this  tomorrow.

Thank you @dales50: the landed cost adjustment batches are definitely released.

I have the PO preferences set to release automatically:

The adjustments batch I highlighted on the Valuation report  in the very first screen shot, # 000006, is the actual released Landed Cost adjustments batch. In the adjustments screen, it looks like this:

The cost is correct in the IN adjustments batch and yet, not updating the stock item’s value. (The other two items are non-stock so I wouldn’t expect any cost to update for them.)

Because…. it’s a standard cost item.  😐

@laura01 I do not see that the Landed Cost document has been released in the screens above.  To see the adjustment you need to release.

Badge +18

Allocation method is by Cost. Can you explain in what circumstances, how will I know whether I need to change this?  Insurance will be higher on more costly items and that is why I chose cost in this case.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved