Solved

Is it possible to change the Lot/Serial class of a stock item if there are open allocated item plans

• 14 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We would like to implement expiry tracking on some of our product ranges, but we’re currently unable to do so due to the following error.

IN Error: Lot/serial class cannot be changed when its tracking method is not compatible with the previous class and the item is in use.

We have made sure to check the type of exception and that it is not related to a similar issue, and can confirm that we’re making use of the ‘When Received’ method:

We have made sure that there is no stock on hand for the item, however, there are quite a few allocated item plans against the stock item:

We have reviewed a similar know issue, but this solution only makes mention to the following:

users can change the lot/serial class for an item if the item is allocated by any of the following item plans (and not allocated by another items plans):

• PO Prepared
  • SO Prepared
  • PO Order
  • SO Booked
  • SO Back Order
  • Purchase for Sales Order Prepared
  • Drop Ship for Sales Order Prepared
  • Drop Ship for Sales Order
  • Purchase for Sales Order

The issue it seems is. that the SO Allocated item plans are not covered in this. 

So quite simply, is there a way to implement the Lot/Serial tracking of stock items if they have allocated stock against them, without having to delete any open shipments/sales orders?

icon

Best answer by chris49 26 April 2022, 08:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

The best way I know to solve this is to unfortunately remove the item from any open shipments/ sales orders. here’s another post that may be helpful - 

Userlevel 4
Badge

The best way I know to solve this is to unfortunately remove the item from any open shipments/ sales orders. here’s another post that may be helpful - 

Hi @mpowell ,

Thank you so much for the response. I actually referenced that link in my question, so am aware of it, thank you.

Really hoping it’s not necessary to delete these items from the open sales orders, etc. as that seems practically unviable. We’re planning on changing the tracking method of several thousand SKUs, all of which are actively being ordered everyday.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @chris49 were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @chris49 were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett , no, we actually haven’t been able to get around the fact that open Shipments will prevent one from changing the tracking method.

Our current plan of action would be to create import scenarios to delete open shipments for specific shelf locations, and then change the tracking method after adjusting the stock out. 

Hi @chris49 We are looking into the same sort of change, have you made any changes as yet and what is the outcome?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @chris49 We are looking into the same sort of change, have you made any changes as yet and what is the outcome?

Hi @hermanjkotze1976 ,

So there is unfortunately no way to get around the fact that an item can not have any open allocations of specific types against it. 

You simply have to bite the bullet and remove those allocations, i.e. in this example, delete open shipments.

Attached is a neat little report that would highlight all products that will have an issue due to stock being allocated against it. i.e. if a product shows up in this report, you will not be able to change the lot tracking class of the stock item. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved