Inventory Internal Request

• 20 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

The company purchases consumables in bulk e.g. stationery, refreshments. Once received into inventory, employees request these items with the employee's manager approval. The request also should specify the expense subaccount. Inventory clerk should then be able to pick up the request and issue quantities on request or less but not more.

Creating an "internal" order type seemed brilliant, selling the items at zero price. The only drawback was all order types including trade orders use the same shipment numbering sequence. 

How best can this be setup? 

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @karenm48 

This functionality requested also by our customers in Indonesia. So basically we customized itu from request screen and passed it to Issue screen with a reason code.

No default features regarding this unless you’re using SO screen and create SO Type for internal usage.

Hopes this helps. 

Daru

Userlevel 1

Thanks @purwandaruw47 ,
As mentioned “ Creating an "internal" order type seemed brilliant, selling the items at zero price. The only drawback was all order types including trade orders use the same shipment numbering sequence.  “

How do we go about defining Shipment Numbering sequence for each order type?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @purwandaruw47 ,
As mentioned “ Creating an "internal" order type seemed brilliant, selling the items at zero price. The only drawback was all order types including trade orders use the same shipment numbering sequence.  “

How do we go about defining Shipment Numbering sequence for each order type?

Hi @karenm48 

Definetly we create our own shipment id. 

Thanks.

Daru

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi,

Do you need a shipment? Is an Order and Invoice enough?

• Use ‘IN’ type of Order type
  • Use reason code at document level to direct the expense to required GL account
  • You can enable approval if needed
  • You can use a dummy Customer account and different locations for each department/ Employee
  • Documents created would be the Order ( of IN type ) and an Invoice.
  • Order value and Invoice value are zero, no amount hitting AR/ revenue
  • Issue document gets generated and would credit inventory and debit the expense account set on ‘Reason code’

Let us know your thoughts. Tried this on my demo, worked fine. 

Regards
Vijay

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks Vijay and Purwandaru for your input, @karenm48  you can also submit product idea at https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Userlevel 1

Thanks Vijay and Purwandaru for your input, @karenm48  you can also submit product idea at https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

thanks, I will do so.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

• Use reason code at document level to direct the expense to required GL account
  • You can use a dummy Customer account and different locations for each department/ Employee
  • Issue document gets generated and would credit inventory and debit the expense account set on ‘Reason code’

Regards
Vijay

Thank you very much,

I opted to use SO order type because the request stays in the system with original approved order quantity even when part shipment (issue) has been done and shipping thresholds can be set to prevent stores clerks from over-shipping(over-issue).

About our client: Our client is a manufacturing entity. They maintain several spares inventory items for production machinery and vehicles (fleet management)

Each Business Unit (production unit) is maintained as a Sub-Account in Acumatica. When issuing the SPARES, the REASON CODE is the same, the GL Account and Sub-Account Differ.

On the Inventory ISSUES screen, when a REASON CODE is selected, the ACCOUNT and SUB-ACCOUNT should be visible and ‘editable’ on the transaction line. When the transaction is RELEASED, it should update the general ledger/journals as per the user selected ACCOUNT and SUB-ACCOUNT.

The SUB-Account Selection should a selection of the SUB-ACCOUNT name, through a lookup of SUB-ACCOUNTS , including the SUBACCOUNT DESCRIPTION, using a Function key . The selection of sub-accounts description should insert the sub account string.

Using the same REASON CODE, I should be able to edit the account and sub-account again.

Hi,

Regards
Vijay

Thank you very much,

I opted to use SO order type because the request stays in the system with original approved order quantity even when part shipment (issue) has been done and shipping thresholds can be set to prevent stores clerks from over-shipping(over-issue).

This does work well as it still requries the setup of several REASON CODES.

Hi,

Regards
Vijay

Thank you very much,

This does NOT work well as it still requries the setup of several REASON CODES, which is what I want to avoid. 60 Plant & MAchinery, 60 Vehicles. i.e. 120 REASON CODES, not practical

Hi,

Regards
Vijay

Great but not ideal for an environment with big fleet each tied to specific sub account. “Dummy customer” understandably yes though some country legislations do not allow zero priced invoices.

Internal  requests/requisitions integrated with the inventory issues screen (with the option to change the reason code sub account ) would be great since this area  supports escalation and approvals.

Hi Vijay, Thank you. I did see this article. It will not help me, as I need flexibility on the GL accounts within a single REASON CODE on several lines with the ISSUE batch.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

Regards
Vijay

Hi Vijay!

what did you mean with Use reason code at document level? What document? How?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved