Question

Inventory adjustments with multiple lines of the same Inventory ID

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We have users who are entering inventory adjustments for the same Inventory ID and the costing is FIFO, and with each line, you must choose a receipt. When there are hundreds of line items, it’s time consuming for users to enter each line individually. I am looking to see if anyone has a better solution or faster way. They can upload the file but if they don’t know the receipt number, they still have to manually search for it. Here is an example:

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Was there ever a solution for this? I noticed that if you do a physical inventory and adjust the quantity, it will automatically pull in the correct FIFO layer. It would be nice if this was a little checkbox to auto populate when doing an adjustment NOT through the PI Process

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21 Why are they doing so many inventory adjustments? I’m trying to understand what is driivng this issue.

In Acumatica, if you return inventory, does it force you to choose a layer for adjustment? Or based on what you return, can it automatically put the inventory back to the correct cost layer, based on which layer it was taken out from originally?

@rosenjon  It is being done because it is food/wine adjustments. If the food is bad or to adjust out the last of wine, this is how they are handling it. Their valuation is FIFO. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@kbeatty21 Why are they doing so many inventory adjustments? I’m trying to understand what is driivng this issue.

In Acumatica, if you return inventory, does it force you to choose a layer for adjustment? Or based on what you return, can it automatically put the inventory back to the correct cost layer, based on which layer it was taken out from originally?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The issue will be the program needs to link to the correct receipt so it can correct FIFO without knowing all the numbers don't think it can be automated 

Unfortunately that is the problem the valuation. If it was standard or average, it would not be an issue. Thank you @gauravsharma96 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The issue will be the program needs to link to the correct receipt so it can correct FIFO without knowing all the numbers don't think it can be automated 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I had the same issue trying to correct inventory transactions for the history valuation report, could not find a way to automate the process, in the end got the customer to stop processing at month end removed all stock and added them back in (using issue and receipt) with correct cost price which resolved it for them moving forward, but this way they cant get correct figures in the report further back than when it was corrected.

They has thousands of adjustments they needed so for them this was the best solution. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved