Solved

Indicate PO IS critical and notify upon receipt

Our customer would like the ability to indicate a PO is critical and be notified when the PO Receipt is entered.  Has anyone done this?  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by ray20 18 May 2021, 02:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@bmowbray33 
Hello, this can be done through business event.
1, add a customization field or User defined field to identify this is a critical PO. could use a checkbox.
2, write an Generic inquiry to search POs with critical=true out.
3, Trigger an email notification when POs with Critical=true be receiving.

Hello,

Coincidently, I meet this exactly request by users. 
I just pointed out a direction in the above method,  please allow me to do a little modification to the second step.

Actually, it is not monitorring on the POs.  We are monitorring on the creation of POreceipts.

Like below:

And a business events is triggerred by the “record inserted”, which means new receipt saved.

I tested, it is working.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We do this a similar way, however we don’t use attributes. We have a GI that pulls all the stock & non-stock items into it. We then have filters set up for various people/departments. For example, if engineering wants to know when item # PROTOTYPE3 arrives then they configure the filter title engineering and add a condition OR inventoryid=PROTOTYPE3. We have business events set for each group with a notification template just for that group and apply the appropriate shared filter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@bmowbray33 
Hello, this can be done through business event.
1, add a customization field or User defined field to identify this is a critical PO. could use a checkbox.
2, write an Generic inquiry to search POs with critical=true out.
3, Trigger an email notification when POs with Critical=true be receiving.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved