Inactive, Marked for Deletion Items - not included in Inventory Reports (Optional)

• 30 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Currently in the standard reports available in the Inventory Module, all inventory items are available and included regardless of their status.

We also checked the Additional Sort and Filters tab, but couldn't find a condition for an inventory status field.

Maybe we should design the Inventory Reports that the user may have the option to not include the Inactive or Marked for Deletion Items because some customers may possibly don’t want to include those items when they generate reports.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi,

You can customize the report ( required Inventory report ) and add a ‘Visibility’ expression for specific report group/detail section to check ItemStatus value. 

Here is an example:

• Inventory Balance report (ScreenID:IN615000) reflects both Active and Inactive items
  • I have deactivated an item for testing
  • Customized the report and added a visibility expression [InventoryItem.ItemStatus]<>'IN'  ( ‘IN’ refers to ‘Inactive’. For ‘Marked for Deletion’ its ‘DE’, I have set only one condition for testing, you can add both).
  • I have added above part to existing visibility expression
  • When I ran the report, Inactive item did not reflect. 

here are the screenshots :

An item used for testing 

Default report output

​​​​​

Report output after modification 

With regards getting an option added on default report itself, you may post a feature request on our Product idea page (https://community.acumatica.com/ideas). 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi, 

To add to my above post, I have added the report as ‘Custom report’ version, without disturbing default report. Hence, I can run default report which lists all items when needed or filtered custom report version. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved