Question

How can we tighten up the interaction between SO and PO in intercompany transactions?

• 9 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have MYOB Advanced and 1.5mths ago we implemented the intercompany feature to allow processing of work between branches and to move inventory into projects via the PO-SO flow.

In the main it works well, but there are some challenges in reconciliation, especially where the SO has to have additional lines added as a substitute product and then the SO by default does not match the originating PO. 

This is a highly common scenario in our business and it would be vastly better if any change to the SO items and qtys could be piped back to the PO and when the SO gets cancelled in a part completed state, the related PO also closes off.

It's quite a new feature, is there anyone on here who has experience in really making this feature sing? Also, how do we pass uservoice feedback to the devs for such improvements in future releases?

3 replies

Hello  @DanielStarke! My name is Valentina and I’m an analyst at Acumatica. Thank you for your feedback on the feature. We actually considered the ability of automatic updating of the linked documents, but after risk evaluation, we decided not to implement this functionality for the stability of the system.

If you have suggestions on how to improve the system, I believe you can create an idea in the Product Ideas section here in the community.

Userlevel 2
Badge

hello @vshashkova  - pleased to meet you.

I’d love to be able to see the ideas forum, but cannot:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello  @DanielStarke! My name is Valentina and I’m an analyst at Acumatica. Thank you for your feedback on the feature. We actually considered the ability of automatic updating of the linked documents, but after risk evaluation, we decided not to implement this functionality for the stability of the system.

If you have suggestions on how to improve the system, I believe you can create an idea in the Product Ideas section here in the community.

It would be great if there was a feature that would allow you to select whether editing was allowed and each PO/SO relationship could be defined by a dropdown while it was onhold and before the interlinked SO was created. Eg, you could set the PO to be one of:

• Full Synchronise = changes to either PO or SO will pipe across to the other until one is set as complete which automatically completes the other
  • PO is master, no editing allowed on the SO - PO changes pipe back to SO (great when requester is after a very very specific item)
  • SO is master, no editing allowed on the PO - SO changes pipe back to PO (great when substitutions are commonplace, as they are for us. )

It would probably need to be something that went to the line level as there may be a master (header) status as described that automatically is inherited by all lines, but a PO requester could alter if needed to the line level. 

Then there would need to be a clear locking process that showed a note on what can be changed by whom as a result of the settings selected above. 

Just musings. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2020  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved