Solved

Error: Another process has added the 'Vendor' record. Please try again

• 12 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI I am trying to add new vendor record.  I get the ...Error: Another process has added the 'Vendor' record. Please try again.

How do I correct this error.  I am also trying to import new vendors

icon

Best answer by EvanG 12 April 2022, 23:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @EvanG 

This is a pretty standard Acumatica error. If you have the same vendor open on 2 tabs and update one tab, it will throw this error. You can always check the trace to see if it’s something else. 

Badge +16

Hello, are you using manual vendor id’s or automatic vendor id’s?

Remember, the vendor id you are adding must be new, not already existing as either a customer or a vendor because customer/vendor share one ID series.

If automatically numbering, check the Numbering screen to make sure the last number used is not lower than existing vendor id’s.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, We use automatic numbering.  I was entering a few vendors manually just see if the error was based on the import scenario.  I unchecked the auto numbering and still get the same error.

Using the trace review, I noticed we have Truecommerce customization that might be the issue.

Any ideas?

Badge +16

If you get the error while manually typing in a new vendor (trying several id’s that don’t exist as either vendor or customer), then you will see the same error when importing. Imports mimic what happens during manual screen entry, related to how errors behave.

I wouldn’t know if the Trucommerce customization is causing your problem. You can eliminate that possibility by seeing whether the error occurs while customization is temporarily unpublished.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for yours replies.  Our VAR found an error in the trace related to this issue.

Evan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved