Creating Matrix Item from existing Items

• 13 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

is it possible to take existing item codes and add attributes.  E.g. An existing Inventory item = W-01.  I want to use the Matrix Items to add combinations of this item.  So …. W-01-BLK-2.8;  W-01-RED-2.8 etc…

Can I do this?   I have tried to add the Inventory item as an attribute but had no luck.  I don’t want to have to manually enter 200 templates with the Inventory ID.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Laura

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It looks like Matrix item can only applied to new items.  I did not find a way to make existing item to Matrix item. But I think some experts might know a way to do it.
subscribed and wait for the solution.

Userlevel 1

thanks Ray.  

I’m knew to this community so just want to know what “subscribed and wait for the solution” mean.  Does this mean you have on sent the issue to someone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@laurac 
“subscribed and wait for the solution” just means that I’ve followed your post/question, and if someone can give a solution here, I can also be aware of.

Userlevel 1

cool. thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Did you try submitting an Acumatica Support Ticket? There is a Matrix Import Scenario package that Acumatica can provide. It allows you to add Template Items to existing Stock & Non-Stock Items. It also allows you to use an import scenario to add many Template & Matrix items in more of a bulk upload process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This will solve your issue, I believe: 

I downloaded Popular Retail-Commerce Customization Packages and it was helpful thanks.

My question is that I already have the stock items in my ERP and I was to convert them to Matrix Items.

They have the same items class. I made a template item then did the following import scenario.

It said completed successfully but it did nothing.  Im assuming my import is too simple or Im missing something.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RoslynRule did you find a solution to convert existing stock items to template items?

When we migrated, our old system did not have this feature. We would like to convert a large number of existing stock items to template items with variants, such as size/brand etc. but we do not want to create duplicates and we do not want to lose item history of the existing stock items.

@nathantrauscht I am using MYOB Advanced in Australia and they are telling me it cannot be done.

I believe Acumatica can do a customisation for you to allow it to be done.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved