Solved

Converting Stock Item to Non-Stock Item

• 25 October 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to convert a Stock Item to a Non-Stock Item?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 26 October 2021, 05:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @john25  I don’t think conversion feature is available from Stock Item to Non Stock Item.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @john25, I also don’t think that there will be a way to convert. But for transparency it will be better to have a “clean cut” and create new non-stock items. If you have a lot to create, maybe it make sense to use Export- and Import-Scenarios.

There should be a way to toggle between non-stock and stock on an item.  For many reasons, an item might remain useful to a dealer but change from one to the other.

Userlevel 2
Badge

2022 R2 has a new screen Change Stock Status of Items however there are some restrictions.  Review the release notes for more details  One of them is….

Also 

• Matrix Items, nonstock and stock kits cannot be converted  
Userlevel 2

if you change InventoryItem.IsStock value for the stock item to false; it will convert into Non-Stock

Userlevel 5
Badge

Has anyone tried to use Change Stock Status of Items?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Here is the form for reference.

I am also in the process of trying to convert Stock items to non-stock. I will keep you posted with my results.

Edit

Change Stock Status of Items

1 minute to read
Form ID: (IN503000)

You can use this form to change the stock status of multiple items at once. That is, you can convert stock items to non-stock items and vice versa.

This form does not appear if at least one of the following features is enabled on the Enable/Disable Features (CS100000) form: Manufacturing, Projects, Time Management, Service Management, Payroll.

Form Toolbar

The form toolbar includes standard and form-specific buttons and commands. For the list of standard buttons, see Form Toolbar and More Menu. The form-specific commands are listed in the following table.

Button Description
Process Initiates the conversion of selected items.
Process All Initiates the conversion of all items listed in the table.

Back to TopEditSelection Area

In this area, you can define the criteria for items to be displayed in the table and specify the settings that will be configured for converted items. The elements of this area are summarized below.

Element Description
Action The action to be taken on the items if you click Process or Process All on the form toolbar. Select one of the following options:
  • Convert Stock to Non-Stock: Converts stock items to non-stock items.
  • Convert Non-Stock to Stock: Converts non-stock items to stock items.
Item Class The item class of the items to be converted.
Inventory ID The inventory ID of the item to be converted. You can leave the box blank to view all items that can be converted, or select and convert a particular item; alternatively, you can click the List button next to the box, and in the dialog box that opens, add multiple inventory items.
The Non-Stock Item Settings sectionThis section appears only if the Convert Stock to Non-Stock option is selected in the Action box
Item Class The item class of the non-stock item, to which the stock item will be converted.
Posting Class The posting class of the non-stock item, to which the stock item will be converted.
The Stock Item Settings sectionThis section appears only if the Convert Non-Stock to Stock option is selected in the Action box
Item Class The item class of the stock item, to which the non-stock item will be converted.
Posting Class The posting class of the stock item, to which the non-stock item will be converted.
Valuation Method The valuation method of the stock item, to which the non-stock item will be converted.
Lot/Serial Class The lot/serial class of the stock item, to which the non-stock item will be converted.

Table Columns
Column Description
Included An unlabeled check box that you select to include this item for processing if you click Process.
Inventory ID The inventory ID of the item to be converted.
Description The description of the item to be converted.
Type The type of the item to be converted.
Valuation Method The method used for the valuation of the item to be converted.
Item Class The item class of the item to be converted.
Posting Class The posting class of the item to be converted.
Lot/Serial Class The lot/serial class of the item to be converted.
Base Unit The base unit of measure of the item to be converted.
Tax Category The tax category of the item to be converted.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please refer below article. This option is available from 2022 R2

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d03031ef-6fe6-47d4-9315-b79501cd10d5

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please refer below article. This option is available from 2022 R2

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d03031ef-6fe6-47d4-9315-b79501cd10d5

@SankaPeiris07 

Hi, are you able to help me understand why I do not see these options? We are running 22r2 (Build 22.207.0013 +) and I looked at the link but I do not see which feature I need to enable to make this work. I do not see the new process screen (IN503000), or the new action on the stock or non-stock item.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Item Conversion isn’t something you enable or disable.  However, if you have some modules where this capability isn’t yet supported such as manufacturing, projects, field services, payroll, time management, this action won’t be available.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dana Moffat 

I see, it sounds like a great feature but quite limited if you can’t use it with manufacturing or field services. Any chance that in the future it will be updated to be able to work with these modules running? I would love to use this but we currently use FS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

cc @cindywhitner76 @Debbie Baldwin 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved