Solved

Change a UOM of an existing Stock Item

• 3 March 2022
  • 3 replies

• Freshman I
  • 4 replies

We would like to change a Unit of Measure UOM of an existing stock item from EA to FT (Foot).  We want to learn the proper procedure to do this.  I trust there is a simple process for this.  Please advise.

icon

Best answer by rosenjon 3 March 2022, 21:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Well….it kind of depends on what you want to do. Do you mean you want to change the base unit of measure? Because there is also the Sales and Purchasing UOMs….and I believe those are way easier to change on the fly.

In Acumatica, if you want to change the base UOM of an item that has pending orders or received material, you must draw down that inventory to zero before the system will allow you to change the base uom. This is to prevent data corruption for those items that are in use.

Thanks.  I’ll give it a try after bringing the item to zero quantity.

Thanks for the help on the base UOM.  It worked.  However, I had to remove the item from a couple of open or cancelled Quotations; but no big deal.

, I

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved