Solved

An Error in Beginning Qty and Ending Qty - Inventory Transaction Details Report

• 8 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the inventory report:

I checked on my Inventory Transaction Detail for Beginning and Ending Qty. Please refer to the first page on period August 2022 screenshot document below:

The beginning balance is correct because I just created the stock item so the beginning balance is zero and the ending balance is also correct because I purchased 400 item in August 2022.

However, when I changed the next period, instead of reflecting the ending quantity from last period, the beginning quantity begins with zero again. Thus, the ending quantity is minus. Please refer to the second first page on Period September 2022 screenshot document below:

The beginning balance starts with zero again, resulting the ending qty balance become minus. 

When I checked the report, it reflected right quantity balance.

Please advise how to fix the information regarding beginning and ending balances in Inventory Transaction Detail.

Regards,

Nadia

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 8 September 2022, 13:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @nadia02 

The Inventory Transaction Details report shows the transactions by the selected period. It basically gives you a clean slate every period. 

According to your report, you brought in 200 on 9/1/2022 (or the date your period started)

I looked in my local to verify this and I placed an order yesterday for an item and the report tells me the beginning qty is 0, then it reflected the 2 that I sold. 

The report is working as expected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nadia02 

I dont have any idea of the issue here but I just want to check below parameter to investigate the issues 

If required I have GI in hand to show the beginning qty, sold qty, and in and Out qty details based on the date filter.

Let me know if you need GI to investigate the issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nadia02 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @nadia02, I was wondering if you can share the GI mentioned above. That looks like something I am looking for.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved