Solved

Alternate ID updated from Vendor Price Worksheet

• 7 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When releasing a Vendor Price Worksheet why does the Alternate ID not copy across to the vendor price?

icon

Best answer by Irina 13 March 2021, 12:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @jon95, sorry for the long reply.

Please advise, which version do you use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Actually, I found what could cause the issue.

In order for the Vendor Price Worksheet to recognize Alternate ID's, on the AP Preferences (AP101000) form, make sure that the Load Vendor Prices by Alternate ID checkbox is enabled. For more info, refer to the Item Cross-References help article, Uploading Prices with Alternate IDs and Creating Alternate IDs from Price Worksheets section.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Irina

We are using 2020R2 Build 20.201.0051.  We do have the system set to load vendor prices by alternate ID, my question was related to when the pricesheet is released.  The alternate ID does not populate in the Vendor Prices form.  See below vendor prices form, all these items were loaded by a vendor price worksheet using the Alternate ID.  The alternate ID column is blank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you, I was able to see the same on SalesDemo.

So looks like the Vendor Prices form doesn’t show Alternate IDs, when they actually are presented on the Cross Reference tab of the inventory item.

I will check with the development.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @jon95, please refer to the following help article for the Alternate ID field functionality on price worksheets forms:

Uploading Prices with Alternate IDs and Creating Alternate IDs from Price Worksheets

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Irina.  Did you find out why the alternate ID’s don’t show in vendor prices after the worksheet has been released?  In our case there is a vendor cross reference already setup in the stock items screen, these are not new cross references.  It seems the only way I can get those alternate ID’s in the vendor prices is by using an import scenario (or manually enter them).  Even if I import them through a scenario the next time they are updated using the worksheet method they disappear again.  Below is an example of an item loaded into a worksheet by alternate ID, then released.  In the vendor prices afterwards the alternate ID is not listed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

AlternateID column on Vendor Prices form is only for the manual entering on this screen, and its value doesn’t flow to Vendor Price Worksheet because it simply not supposed to, there is no such functionality described in the documentation. This value only has logic described in the article from my previous comment, so I suggest to create import scenario for Price Worksheet, not to Prices form.

I suggest submitting additional functionality you need as a product idea on the https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved