Solved

Ability to specify whether Signature is required Fedex

• 4 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible on a per shipment basis using the standard Fedex plugin to specify that signature is or is not required. We know how to setup the Carrier so that the Service dictates whether signature is required or it is ALWAYS required or not required but it would be nice to dynamically specify that per shipment or per customer. Additionally, Big Commerce supports the ability to specify special shipping instructions, these do not currently integrate to Acumatica and there is also no location to even manually enter those so that they would be included on the shipment. Sending special delivery instructions would be a great feature. 

icon

Best answer by rbrownNAW 8 August 2022, 04:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t think there’s any way to set this elsewhere than the carrier configuration.

One thing you could do is to setup two carriers -- one with and the other without signature, and associate the carrier with a distinct Ship Via Code. This would give you the ability to make a decision at the time you create the sales order or shipment.

Could you add a UDF to “Shipments”? That way, if it’s checked you can flag to the carrier that this shipment needs a signature?

We’re not using the built in plug in but just a thought. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I created an idea on this matter

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for your responses, I thought of the above but the integrations don’t consider those fields so the end result will be the same. I moved this over to Product Ideas. My thought would be an option at the Ship Via setup so you could have an option for both signature and non-signature with the same delivery method or alternately adding a checkbox similar to the other  optional services options on the shipping tab. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved