Solved

What is the best way to customize Pick priority by item in multiple warehouse situation?

• 21 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I have a requirement that to sorting lines on pick list by item priority. Note: not by location priority. That is , supposing item A with priority 1, which is highest, item A would become the first line on pick list no matter what locations item A are stocked.

It is not too difficult on 1 warehouse situation. I just add a field on stock item screen to let user set 1 to 100. And sorting on pick list by this user field.

However, if the instance has multiple warehouses, and these warehouses might have different priorities on items. That would make things complicated.

A workable way I can think out of is such I add multiple fields on stock item, 1 field for 1 warehouse. And for different warehouses, using an independent pick list form which sorted by different priority field. 

It can be a way to fulfill the need, but it is not quite smart. Can somebody give me a talent idea? Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 22 October 2020, 16:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The sort needs to happen on the database with BQL/SQL for performance reason. If items need different pick priority based on the warehouse they are stocked then you need to store different priorities in database.

How many depends on your business rules. If each warehouse has a different priority then a priority per warehouse is required. If they are not all different and can be regrouped by warehouse types you can cut down on the amount of data needed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved