Solved

User-defined field "selector" - does it work on mobile app?

• 20 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I added a few selector fields as UDFs in Cases. As you can see in the screenshots, when accessing in the web, the selector field works. But in the mobile app, there is no magnifying glass icon for me to select the options. Instead, it’s just a text type field… Am I missing something easy or does this functionality require customization to the mobile app? 

icon

Best answer by Cesar Betances 15 December 2021, 19:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

It sounds like it was not defined as a selector when adding to the mobile screen. Could you provide the code for the the DAC, and the MSDL code you are using to add the fields to the mobile app?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Sean Prouty I just created the user-defined fields via web browser. They appeared in the mobile app as seen in my screenshots without customization. So that’s how they appeared out-of-the-box. I did some digging in the wikis and I’m assuming that for those UDFs to be workable selectors, I need to customize the mobile app. Is that consistent with your understanding? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi,

It seems that selector udf fields are not currently supported in the Mobile Framework.

Please create a Support Case to have Acumatica review this behavior.

Userlevel 1

Has anything been done with this?  It’s problematic when trying to make the experience on the mobile app resemble that of the web interface.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved