Solved

Use side panels to display Drawing log and Photo Log

We are trying to add a collection of side panels to the Projects Screen.

I am able to connect four of the 6 that have been requested, but the other two are causing an issue.

The screen are not available for selection when setting up the side panel.

I noticed the Drawing log and Photo Logs screen numbering indicated they are ‘Inquiry” type forms.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by dales50 24 May 2022, 15:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dcarl51 

Try ensuring that you have the screen ID that is used for transactions.

Hi @kbeatty21

thanks. They are available when modifying the Projects picklist GI , but we are trying to put the side panel on the Projects Processing screen not on the GI.

I can see the objects when trying to modify the GI for the picklist, but they are not available when setting up the side panels on the form in Customization project.

DCC

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dcarl51 

Side Panels are only currently done from screens that are GI’s. You can not add them to processing screens. 

Starting in 2020R1 Side Panels were added to Data Entry screens

https://www.calszone.com/2020/08/acumatica-2020-r1-feature-of-the-day-add-side-panels-to-data-screens-to-speed-data-entry/

Hi Everyone,

I logged a support case and they found a “work around”.

Instead of selecting from the object list I simply typed in the corresponding screen ID and it worked.

I was told this is not the intended behavior of the interface and it might stop working in the future, but for now the client is happy.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Had to use the above method of directly entering the Screen ID to add in VENDOR PRICES as a side panel to STOCK ITEMS. Still no idea how to get the item vendor table to send over the vendor name as a parameter, but this is still better than not having it attached at all. Thank you for sharing your knowledge everyone!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved