Solved

Store value in DB from event handler

• 18 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to add value in DB for one of my DACExtension.

protected void ScanHeader_Barcode_FieldUpdated(PXCache cache, PXFieldUpdatedEventArgs e)
{

ScanHeader row = (ScanHeader)e.Row;
HeaderExt headerExt = row.GetExtension<HeaderExt>();
PickPackShip.Host graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<PickPackShip.Host>();

SOShipment shipment = (from p in graph.Select<SOShipment>()
where
p.ShipmentNbr == row.Barcode
select p).FirstOrDefault();
if (shipment != null)
{
SOShipmentExt shipmentExt = shipment.GetExtension<SOShipmentExt>();
cache.SetValueExt<SOShipmentExt.myField>(shipment, headerExt.MyField);
}
}

I am trying like this but this is not working. My graph is not directly linked with SOShipment. My graph is PickPackShip.Host

icon

Best answer by Dioris Aguilar 20 June 2022, 16:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@param2022 I wouldn’t suggest to use the Barcode_FieldUpdated event for what you are trying to achieve since this field (Barcode) could be many things, not only Shipment Nbr: Shipment Nbr, Item, Location, etc..

It seems you have added a custom field in an extension (HeaderExt) at the header of PickPackShip and you want to copy that value to the selected shipment to another custom field (SOShipmentExt), am I right?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dioris Aguilar  yes I want to add that HeaderExtension’s value to the shipment that is being currently scanned. I am not getting shipment Id so I used barcode as last resort.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@param2022 I suggest to save the value in SOShipment using a custom PXAction and a custo smartpanel.
You would add a new PXAction in a graphExt for PickPackShip.Host and this custom action will call a custom smartpanel (popup window) (here’s a reference on how to create smartpanels https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2015/11/using-smart-panel.html), this popup window (smartpanel) will prompt for the value you want to save to SOShipment.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dioris Aguilar I don’t know how I can add those changes to DB. I will face same issue over there. I want to know how I can update Database values.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@param2022 You can use the following code to save the changes to DB: 

SOShipmentEntry shipmentEntry = PXGraph.CreateInstance<SOShipmentEntry>();
shipmentEntry.Document.Current = SelectFrom<SOShipment>.Where<SOShipment.shipmentNbr.IsEqual<@P.AsString>>.View.Select(shipmentEntry, shipmentNbr);

SOShipmentExt shipmentExt = shipment.GetExtension<SOShipmentExt>();
shipmentEntry.CurrentDocument.Cache.SetValueExt<SOShipmentExt.myField>(shipment, headerExt.MyField);

if (shipmentEntry.IsDirty)
{
shipmentEntry.Save.Press();
}

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dioris Aguilar So I need to write this code in custom action ? As we in event handler it gives me error 
Error    “PX1043    Changes cannot be saved to the database from the event handler”

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@param2022 Yes, that’s right. Add the code to a custom action and get the shipmentNbr from the header or get the first line in the details which is SOShipLineSplit and this record will also have the shipmentNbr.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved