Stock Items Screen - Copy all fields from one Stock Items to Another Stock Item

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Everyone,

In Stock Items screen, we are maintaing a relation between parent and child items based on our requirement. When we change any value for the Parent Stock Item it should reflect to the respective child Stock item including all the tabs (General Settings, Price.Cost Info and etc.)

Can you please suggest, is there any simple method to achieve this copy the parent data to child item.

Best Regards,

Naveen B

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@naveenb74 Kensium has already built a product that does exactly what you’re describing here. They’ve been working on it for many years, I suggest to save you some headaches and to use that if possible.

Link: https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/kensium-solutions-product-configurator/

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Gabriel Michaud,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Yes, In Product Configurator we are maintaining the relationship from Parent to Child.

We are copying the required data from Parent to Child item such as  Attributes, Categories, and desc filed but NOT all the fields. 

Now we have a requirement to copy the complete parent data to the child. Please let me know is there any simple solution to copy the data.

Best Regards,
Naveen B 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @naveenb74 

I do not quite know about your request, but maybe you can try using customized API in Acumatica like ours. 

So our case we replicate the selected field from inventory id from one tenant to the others. If this concept applies to you, maybe you can test it out. 

Regards,

Daru

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved