Solved

Stepping into Acumatica Code in Visual Studio

• 6 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

The T200 series of documents states that you should be able to step into Acumatica code in debug mode using Visual Studio if you have installed Debugger tools.  Specifically:

The install program I used to setup a local instance of Acumatica didn’t have any Install Debugger check box and I think as a consequence when I attempt to step into Acumatica code called from my customisation code, Visual Studio steps right over the function (ie. I can step through my own customization code but not the Acumatica code).  Screen shots of the install program used are as follows:

I select Deploy New Application Instance, then

Click Next,

Click Next,

Click Next,

Click Next,

Click, Next

Click Next,

Click Finish, and the Install proceeds to an installation complete dialog box.

No where along the process is there a check box to Install Debugger Tools.  What Am I missing?  Is there a difference between an Acumatica install and an MYOB install?  My current understanding is that these are the same things but with different branding?

Thanks in advance for any help,

John.

icon

Best answer by Shawn Burt 6 April 2022, 19:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

its in the initial install of Acumatica MSI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @JWS539  You might be creating the instance second time but that option “Install Debugger Tools” will be shown only once after you install the Acumatica Version.

Please uninstall the Acumatica version and re-install and then create the new instance, then after you can see this option.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Shaun & Naveen for the help,

I’m still missing something as I don’t know how to access the ERP setup screen or uninstall the Acumatica version.  The company I work for supplied me a zip file (Natasha.AdvancedLive.2021.113.202.5205.zip).  To install I unzipped this file and ran MYOBAdvConfig.exe in the folder shown below:

Thanks heaps for the advice so far,

John.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

that zip is a Snapshot of the data. You upload that into Acumatica Tenants screen and restore it.

The Debugging tools are for use in Visual Studio and are traditionally used in dev on your own box as it is easier to debug the instance if its local.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

should have looked closer, sorry normally a zip labelled like that is a snapshot.

Not sure why they gave you that.

Userlevel 3
Badge

hanks,

Presumably there is some documentation on the install process and how to source the right setup apps somewhere.  Is probably different based on whether you’re looking for a version of MYOB advanced or a version of Acumatica (same product different branding?)

Will have a search or maybe you have some leads on where to look?

John.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @JWS539 were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved