Solved

"Skipped Unmanaged DLL" when publishing Customization Project

• 1 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, all. I’m currently creating an extension library which is dependent on SkiaSharp. SkiaSharp itself is a managed DLL, however it is dependent upon libSkiaSharp.dll which is unmanaged. Is there a way to include this file in the customization project which makes acumatica ignore the file while keeping it visible to the extension library’s DLL.

Any help and insight is deeply appreciated, thank you kindly.

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 1 November 2022, 15:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It looks like it’s a bug. I’ll report to the engineering team

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As far as I understand, it will still put the dll in the bin folder, so the message is simply a warning and you can ignore that if it’s expected.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for the reply, Dmitrii. I just did some testing to see what side effects it may have. I found one in the Translation Dictionaries which looks like the following:

I think this is caused by the unmanaged DLL because if I were to delete the unmanaged DLL from the Bin and refresh the website, this error does not appear. Also PX.Data has not been altered by my extension library as I have set “copy local” to False in Visual Studio. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Alright, thank you very much for the help, Dmitrii. Just curious, would that mean that if the bug were to be fixed, my customization project will only function properly on 2022R2?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved