Question

Show latest Calculated Depreciation value on Calculate Depreciation screen

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there,

I am trying to insert the Calculated column onto Calculate Depreciation screen and the Calculated Depreciation field should be populated based on To Period upon processing the action Calculate Only.

However, in Customization Project Editor, the fields are being listed as such they are static fields

With that said, does anyone knows on how to make the field dynamically change relative to the To Period filter?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I will normally do a GraphExt and FieldSelecting event to handle the calc for something like this.

You can try to do within BQL in the DAC Extension but its not always possible and if you don’t need the datapoint outside of the screen mentioned then I find it easier to handle via a FieldSelecting event.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Shawn Burt , I’ll try to do it within BQL since that usually work for me, but how do I work with the name-value pair data since I have never done that before? Correct me if I’m wrong but those fields are name-value pairs, right?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved