Question

Set Default Production Order on Move Transactions Screen

• 25 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When creating a move transaction, it would be nice if you could enter a production order at the header that would default into the transaction lines.  I understand that it is possible to do move transactions for multiple production orders at once, but this would help if you’re entering multiple lines of scrap for production orders, especially if they have serial numbers associated to them and you have to enter multiple lines.  I attempted to do this with a production order selector at the header, then set the default value for the production order number to this value.  The defaulting works, although, it then does not cascade the rest of the transaction line appropriately, such as the inventory item, which then causes an error message.  I have commit changes set to True for both the header selector and now the transaction line production order ID troubleshooting this issue.

Has anyone added a default production order number at the header that defaults onto the lines?  If not, is there a way to have the default value in the transaction production order cascade updates?

2 replies

Badge

Can you provide come code that you have tried to give a little more context?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @wojtysiaks - did you find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved