Solved

Separate BIZACCT account keys for customers, vendors, and employees

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

How can I detach the customer, vendor, and employee segmented keys from the bizacct parent key?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 9 March 2022, 18:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bmortenson  I don’t think we can detach the Parent Key BIZACCT to the Customers, Vendors and Employees. This is OOB configuration. When Parent Key is associated to the Segmented Key, we cannot make any changes except below.

• Specifying different sets of values for validated segments
  • Specifying different prefixes for the auto-numbering sequences

Can you please let us know business requirement of detaching the Parent Key BIZACCT to the Segmented Keys? 

We are migrating from an existing system where the customers have the following schema for their id which we would like to maintain in acumatica:

Parent Customer Account = 1234567-00

Child Customer Account 1 = 1234567-01
Child Customer Account 2 = 1234567-02
...etc.

The business benefit is for user ease of identifying child accounts (aka locations) which can have many accounts that share the same name, i.e.:

1234567-00 McDonalds (parent account)

1234567-01 McDonalds
1234567-02 McDonalds
1234567-03 McDonalds
...etc.

I understand that the segmented key bizacct can be modified to have additional segments to match this format, however this also effects: vendors, branches, and employees, which in our case we just need a typical 7 digit auto number.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved