Solved

Self Service Portal Customization

• 23 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, 

We are trying to create some customizations for our self-service portal, however we are not having luck getting the customization screen to load the screens objects. The screens are blank.

Anyone had luck customizing self-help portal?

Acumatica 2020 R1
Build 20.111.0017

icon

Best answer by yisroel39 23 February 2021, 17:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Solution:

The customizing user has to be connected to a business account.

To achieve this you have to give the portal user be Administrator and Customizer roles. You’ll have to set both those roles as Guest roles.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’ve set Administrator role in my dev environment to be a Guest role.

When I do a lookup to select “harper” and add him to this role, no Guest Role users are showing up in the lookup.  I am on 2021R1.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Both Administrator and Customizer roles have to be marked Guest Role. The user type has to be set to Unrestricted External User. 

Users
User Types

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have done the above as well (in 2022R1) and I can get to Customizations, etc. under Administration, however, I would like to use inspector to start researching DAC/Business Logic from within portal but I don’t know how to get Customization menu on each screen. Specifically being asked to make some changes to the shopping cart (ability to add attachments to items, etc.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Actually, I see the Customization Project menu but get an error if I try to access:

If I try to set the Administrator role to Guest Role I still cannot add my user to that role.

@rjean09 did you succeed with this, having the same issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@rjean09 did you succeed with this, having the same issue

No, unfortunately.  I believe they decided to go in a different direction with the client. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved