Solved

Round Formula not working in Inquiry window

• 11 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am using the round formula in a generic inquiry window but it is not working.

I want to round the results of an equation to 2 decimal points. It runs the equation but it won’t round it. Both of the fields I am calculating are decimal fields (Debit amount - credit amount). I’m not sure if the equation field itself is also a decimal type so maybe that is the problem? Not sure how to fix that. 

Round Equation
Results

icon

Best answer by Django 11 April 2022, 17:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are two tricks to this.

If you’re going to just display this GI, you’ll need to find another field in a table that has the same decimal formatting that you want and then select that field in the Schema Field column (you might have to use the column selector to expose that column).

If you’re going to use that in an email, let me know, because the Schema Field trick doesn’t work for fields that you’re going to use in an email and I have a longer trick for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 

Please refer the below link
Decimal/Number formatting in a GI to excel | Community (acumatica.com)

Badge +11

Technically, it is rounding it. It is simply displaying zeros to a certain number of places.

Userlevel 3
Badge

ddun,

Thanks! That did it!

Userlevel 1
Badge

in "PX.Objects.AR.AR History" there is no field with 2 decimals. So I add SOOrder to my Schema. to be able to use SOOrder.FreightAmt for formatting. I did not use in in Inqery any how. I even not related it to anything. wery smart))))
My Question to Acumatica : May be it better to include to database empty table with many fields in different format? We will use it for that purpose  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved