Solved

Press two action buttons from another graph on a graph extension

• 27 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hay guys

Does anyone have an opinion on the best way to press two action buttons from another graph on a graph extension?

More Specifically I want to press the “Print Courier Label” action button and the “Confirm Shipment” action button from my pick/pack/ship screen.

Do I need to bite the bullet and learn how to edit the ASPX page?

Or can I trigger it in a graph extension?

I tried using an event handler, but I must have done it wrong, couldn’t get it working.

I couldn’t get it working in the workflow editor either as the existing actions are on the Shipment screen and I want to Action them from the pick/pack/ship screen.

If someone could steer me in the wright direction I can figure out the rest, i.e., what type of methods

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Yuriy Zaletskyy 27 January 2023, 19:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can trigger it via a graph extension. Here’s a very short example that assumes that the shipment record is in the variable called shipment:

SOShipmentEntry shipmentEntry = PXGraph.CreateInstance<SOShipmentEntry>();
shipmentEntry.Document.Current = shipment;
shipmentEntry.putOnHold.Press();

You can also press the button via the action name as well:

poGraph.Actions["Process"].Press(); 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Do I need to bite the bullet and learn how to edit the ASPX page?

I believe not.

More Specifically I want to press the “Print Courier Label” action button and the “Confirm Shipment” action button from my pick/pack/ship screen.

I’d assume, that you’ve created graph like this:

var graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<SOOrderEntry>();
//load graph with some sales order

in that scenario, all avaialable actions will be in collection Actions. You need to find out which action is responsible for some activity in C#. I’d assume, that Print Courier Label is described in Acumatica with name “PrintCourierLabel”, and button Confirm Shipment is described as “ConfirmShipment”.

you can call anyone of them like this:

graph.Actions["PrintCourierLabel"].Press();
// Potentially you may need
// PXLongOperation.WaitCompletion(graph.UID);
graph.Actions["ConfirmShipment"].Press();

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

From the side of looking for answer, I’d suggest you next time mention this in the question:

I need to call two actions xxx, and yyy, which are on the screen: “name of the screen”, screenid is zzz. In such case it will be easier to give you more precise answer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved