Pop up Notes as Internal Notes for Sales Order and Purchase Order

Userlevel 2
Badge

Please advise on how to custom the Pop up Notes become “Internal Notes” for SO and PO Screen.

Thanks,

Idrus

12 replies

Hello 

I was able to add the Add PopUp note using Merge but I need to make it true and get the PopUp note from the Customer screen to my Note Window

I am getting a separate Window with the PopUp Note, I don’t want it.

My Code looks like:

SOOrderExt 

#region NoteID
        [PXUniqueNote(
            DescriptionField = typeof(SOOrder.customerID),
            Selector = typeof(Search<BAccount.acctCD, Where<BAccount.bAccountID, Equal<SOOrder.customerID>>>),
            ActivitiesCountByParent = true,
            ShowInReferenceSelector = true,
            PopupTextEnabled = true)]
        public  Guid? NoteID
        {
            get;
            set;
        }
        public new abstract class noteID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlGuid.Field<noteID> { }

#endregion

Graph Extension: 

public class SOOrderEntry_Extension : PXGraphExtension<SOOrderEntry>
    {
        [PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Merge)]
        [PXCustomizeBaseAttribute(typeof(PXNoteAttribute), "PopupTextEnabled", true)] // allow entering of popup notes
        protected void SOOrder_Noteid_CacheAttached(PXCache sender) { }

[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Append)]
        [PopupMessage] // displays customer popup notes (optional)
        protected void SOOrder_CustomerID_CacheAttached(PXCache cache) { }
}

Am I missing any other configuration? 

Please Advice!

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure @idrusm52 ...this is very simple straightforward 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @idrusm52 May I know your business requirement here.
I think, Acumatica will NOT provide popup notes at grid level.

Popup Notes will be used to give some indication to the user when they are adding StockItem at SOLine level, or adding a customer in SO Header level.

As you are expecting popup note at SOLine level, where you will display this message/indication to user.

Hi Naveen,

Ok, I got it, we will decide to put notes only into SO not SOLine.

Thanks,
Idrus

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello, If I understand you correctly.

If you don’t want the “internal notes” be printed, you can just edit the rpx file in report designer.

you can leverage the visibility control feature.

Let me repeat my understanding.
You want 2 notes field on soline level.  1 internal note, which you don’t like it to print out on paper, while the other is normal note, which you want it be print out on paper.
If my understanding is correct, I still suggest you can do this in rpx file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @idrusm52 May I know your business requirement here.
I think, Acumatica will NOT provide popup notes at grid level.

Popup Notes will be used to give some indication to the user when they are adding StockItem at SOLine level, or adding a customer in SO Header level.

As you are expecting popup note at SOLine level, where you will display this message/indication to user.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Naveen,

No, what I mean as below, when I click notes at SO Line, I want to have option Add Pop-Up Note.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @idrusm52  Can you please confirm that below understanding correct..

When you add an item in SOLine level, the popup notes should be updated in SOLine level notes.. is this correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your advice, but that’s not what I mean. As we know that Pop up Notes only available on Customer, Vendor and Inventory, so I want to have Pop up Notes option in SO & PO.

Notes on SO or PO will be printed on SO/PO Form and I want to have another notes option (via Customization Project) just for “Internal Notes” and it will not be printed.

Thanks,
Idrus

Hello, If I understand you correctly.

If you don’t want the “internal notes” be printed, you can just edit the rpx file in report designer.

you can leverage the visibility control feature.

Userlevel 2
Badge

May I know from this screen, what should I do so I can enter the code?

public class SOOrderEntryExt : PXGraphExtension<SOOrderEntry>
{
[PXCustomizeBaseAttribute(typeof(PXNoteAttribute), "PopupTextEnabled", true)] // allow entering of popup notes
protected void SOOrder_NoteID_CacheAttached(PXCache sender) { }

}

In order to enable popup text in various screens, one must follow these steps:

1) Set primary DAC's NoteID to have PopupTextEnabled = true (for PXUniqueNote or PXNote attributes) in order for its maint screen to allow entering of popup notes

2) Any screen where you want to show popup for the above DAC, add PopupMessage attribute on the field that contains some form of PXSelector that generates list from the primary DAC.

e.g. to enable popup notes in Sales Order screen which then can be shown in shipment when that order is added

public class SOOrderEntryExt : PXGraphExtension<SOOrderEntry>
{

}

public class SOShipmentEntryExt : PXGraphExtension<SOShipmentEntry>
{

// this is done so that popup note flows into Shipment screen. This is required only when popup configuration of NoteID field is done in PXGraphExtension
[PXCustomizeBaseAttribute(typeof(PXNoteAttribute), "PopupTextEnabled", true)]

[PXSelector(typeof(SOOrder.orderNbr))] // this is required to refer SOOrder
[PopupMessage] // displays sales order popup notes
protected void SOShipLine_OrigOrderNbr_CacheAttached(PXCache cache) { }

[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Append)]
[PopupMessage] // displays customer popup notes (optional)
protected void SOShipment_CustomerID_CacheAttached(PXCache cache) { }
}

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your advice, but that’s not what I mean. As we know that Pop up Notes only available on Customer, Vendor and Inventory, so I want to have Pop up Notes option in SO & PO.

Notes on SO or PO will be printed on SO/PO Form and I want to have another notes option (via Customization Project) just for “Internal Notes” and it will not be printed.

Thanks,
Idrus

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I think the best (and only) way will be to use the translation tools in Acumatica. By using the same tools available to translate the application in another language, you can make alterations to the English labels and messages. Go to Translation Dictionaries (SM200540), click “Show Only unbound”, pick English and search the label or message you want to translate:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved