Question

Override Release action on "Sales Price Worksheets" Screen (AR202010)

• 22 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Team,

I'm trying override the "Release" action on "Sales Price Worksheets" Screen, since i need to insert the newly customized field value on "Sales Price" screen. Usually i execute the base method and then insert the values. but here the main problem is i couldn't find any relationship between "ARPriceWorksheetDetail" and "ARSalesPrice"

Please let me know how i can handle this situation.

Regards,

Ramya Krishna

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @ramya15  When we RELEASE the Sales Price Worksheet, the system will go update the insert the records in the ARSalesPrice table OR update the records if Stocks already exist.

The RELEASE action code is part of the below method so that you can override this method add your logic.

//This code is from 21 R1 version

[PXOverride]
        public virtual void ReleaseWorksheetImpl(ARPriceWorksheet priceWorksheet)
        {

// Logic here
        }

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga,

Sorry, Im not getting a idea here, without any link how am i going to update or insert data from this screen. Could you please guide me on this.

Regards,

Ramya

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ramya15 , There are a couple of conditions we need to check before updating the prices in the ARSalesPrice screen.

If you can look at the below methods, you can able to identify the fields that you need to consider for the update the prices.

ARSalesPriceWorksheetMaint.cs

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, @ramya15  When we RELEASE the Sales Price Worksheet, the system will go update the insert the records in the ARSalesPrice table OR update the records if Stocks already exist.

The RELEASE action code is part of the below method so that you can override this method add your logic.

//This code is from 21 R1 version

[PXOverride]
        public virtual void ReleaseWorksheetImpl(ARPriceWorksheet priceWorksheet)
        {

// Logic here
        }

Hi Naveen,

I am using this technique myself added my own logic and it’s working.

However, I have a question because it’s not obvious to me: how does the base ReleaseWorksheetImpl run without calling:

Base.ReleaseWorksheetImpl(priceWorksheet);

If I call the base I get a stack exception but I can’t see how this is being recursively called.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved