Solved

Negative Stock

• 7 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I’m getting an error when over supplying lot\serial numbers. Is there a way to override this validation ?

There’s a settings that allows negative quantities on inventory items. Is there a similar settings for lot\serial numbers ? Shouldn’t these two go hand in hand ? 

Thanks 

Roderick

icon

Best answer by vkumar 21 October 2021, 04:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Any luck with this Roderick, I too need to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Roderick 

To use Lot/Serial tracked item negative stock, one has to set Lot/Serial class with ‘Assignment Method’ ‘When Used’.

There is no option to link the Lot number on subsequent receipt though. But it does allow you ship a Lot/Serial tracked item without having received yet ( negative quantity ).

Additionally, Enabling Negative quantity includes following steps :

• Enable ‘Allow negative quantity’ setting on Item class
  • On Order type, enable ‘Ship in full if negative quantity is allowed’ option OR
  • On SO Preferences, under ‘Shipment settings’, enable ‘Add Zero lines for Items not in stock’ and ‘Create zero shipment’ options

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Vijay,

How does this with material moves and production transaction. My client is attempting to perform a material move (AM300000) but it will allow the INV to go negative. I checked the production order types and there is no option to allow them to go negative.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved