Solved

Looking for advice on how to create a new screen (easy question!)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am going to create a program to allow a user to change an item number on all open Sales Orders.  They want to do mass updates to change item numbers on SO’s.

My plan is to create a process screen that would allow the user to select the item number to change in the header of the form as a filter.  Then, a grid would be presented showing all SO’s that have that item number on it.  They will have the option to select individual orders to change or “process all”.

I think I should create a DAC that is made of all unbound fields as this does not require any custom tables and I will not be writing to any tables directly as I will be using the SO graph to do the changes.  My DAC would just be used to create the view for the grid.

Does that seem like the way to do this?  Or, does anyone foresee any issues I would have creating a DAC using just unbound fields?

Thanks!!
Joe

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 May 2021, 16:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @joe21 What is the Item Number in Sales Order, is this a custom field ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

It is just the InventoryID field.  Basically, the header will just be a Selector of InventoryID.  This will filter the grid to any open SO that has that InventoryID in it.

FYI, I’m working on the PXFilteredProcessing statement right now.  I love FBQL.  I hate BQL.  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

​Hi @joe21 

Please find below are my thoughts, and hoping that helpful to you.

1. Create a new custom processing screen as you mentioned.
2. Add an Inventory ID filters (Mandatory), and Replace Inventory ID fileds (Unbound fields)

3.Based on this Inventory ID, filter all the Sales Orders, which having this selected Inventory ID (check that line-level Qty > 0 and Completed = false)
3. Make sure that filter the Sales Order, which having status is Open/Back Order / Hold (since you can not edit the order for other Order statuses)
4. In Process All action, Create a new SOORderEntry Graph extension and while changing the Inventory ID, with selected Replace InventoryID all the details like Unit Price/Qty and other fields will be changed. If this is fine then you can go ahead replace the item in SOLine level using the SOORderEntry graph and finally SAVE the graph.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Naveen, do you see what I am doing wrong in this statement?

This is the error I am getting:

I can’t figure this one out.

Nevermind...I think i fixed it:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved